Wednesday 19 March 2014

Life is .....


Priya Sakhi...

So many thoughts whirl round my head. Words, thoughts, music, concepts, feelings....

Amazing this thing called the brain and mind ...soul and LIFE!

As a child I was quite curious about how words were formed. How did the Aadhi Purushas  know what to eat?.. who discovered the salt, the process of sugar?-- the smelly molasses to sugar to all the mouth watering sweets..?  This mind, soul.. how did they realise its existence? Life now... Life after death. What happens after-life???

It is amazing that we take so many things for granted.. the sunrise, the sunset, the trees, the birds, the breeze.  Then there are those situations where only words just fail to convey the right feeling. The intensity of our feelings is best conveyed  sometimes by the arts. Be it music, dance, painting, poetry... LIFE

It is amazing how diverse tastes are too-- from food to tastes in fashion... to tastes in a work of art.. LIFE

Priya Sakhi I know I am ambling with no particular one thought process. But this amazing thing called `thoughts ' seem to meander into different alleys today....

Thoughts about natya, about sangeetham, about audiences-- then I see this parrot-- so green against the green tree. Look out your window-- see the different shades of green sometimes within the same tree...interspersed by the colours of the flowers and fruits.... Lovely Life.

So LIFE is varied right? so tastes will differ too? will they not? LIFE!

So what appeals to me does not to another... what I find soul-less might be the greatest inspiration to another! What I felt  was a super solid work, bores another....
Then I see the differences ... in the trees, in the flowers... in my fingers... nothing is constant..except change.
Kshanikavaada of the Buddhists makes a lot of sense... Sometimes, something that I hated a long time ago, appeals to me now ..... The everchanging  Mind, LIFE!
 Why should we all like the same things? We are like that tree, we are like our fingers, we are different-- tastes differ..

In this how do we find that which appeals to all?

Life is difficult.  Life is confusing. Life is colourful. Life is boring. Life is busy.Life is varied. Life is beautiful. Life is love. Life sucks. Life is wonderful. Life is never constant.

Life is amazing. Life is......


No comments:

Post a Comment